Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip

Vasya's picture

Vasya

Totally chill rapper dude. Check out these videos. Yes, even you "I hate rap" people.

Thou shalt always kill:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d-MYVv4tgQc

The beat that my heart skipped:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ESvYRR1Fyug

Tigue (not verified)

I hate rap, Vasya, but I think you should post the Letter from God one too, 'cause it's just that awesome.

Sumul's picture

Sumul

Yeah, I've watched all three. Thanks a lot for passing them along, Vasya.

Totally awesome! :-)

Fap's picture

Fap

tigue wrote:
I hate rap, Vasya, but I think you should post the Letter from God one too, 'cause it's just that awesome.

so you don't even like aesop rock or atmosphere or tribe or blackalicious? so sad : (

Tigue (not verified)

Fap wrote:
tigue wrote:
I hate rap, Vasya, but I think you should post the Letter from God one too, 'cause it's just that awesome.

so you don't even like aesop rock or atmosphere or tribe or blackalicious? so sad : (

Hehe, generally speaking I'm not a big fan. However, I can say things like "I like Phife Dawg better than Q-Tip" with confidence (he's so personable, what can I say?). I can tolerate a lot of it and somewhat enjoy a little of it. I do like this guy, but overall...not a rap type.

Brian's picture

Brian

Thank's Vas I enjoyed that a lot

Excalibur's picture

Excalibur

Rap sounds like crap.. which is a good thing since zzz sounds like a swarm of killer bees waiting to nest in your pants.

N8's picture

N8

Aesop Rock used to work at our gallery for 3 years as an art handler right before his career took off. We bonded over our mutual love of video games and pron. He's doing extremely well these days and the new york times just wrote a nice piece on him. I also designed the labor days album cover art. What's funny is that I totally don't dig rap but we still remain friends. He's in S.F. now though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesop_Rock

Fap's picture

Fap

Daos wrote:
Aesop Rock used to work at our gallery for 3 years as an art handler right before his career took off. We bonded over our mutual love of video games and pron. He's doing extremely well these days and the new york times just wrote a nice piece on him. I also designed the labor days album cover art. What's funny is that I totally don't dig rap but we still remain friends. He's in S.F. now though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesop_Rock

wow . . .just, wow.

tell him i think he's awesome and one of the most clever MCs alive : )

Brambles Everroot's picture

Brambles Everroot

On the way to a car show yesterday one of my friends was playing them in his car. Their lyrics are amazing! Also, reading these threads makes me want to check out Aesop Rock.

I was gonna make a topic thread for this guessing it'd be something ppl here would like, luckily I checked if there was one up! There's another song my friend played that involved a dream-scape and the protagonist encountering several black and white film characters who gave him moral/philosophical lessons. Not too sure which one it is, but it's pretty good too!
EDIT: Here's the one that I was looking for!

15's picture

15

First one already got hit with a dmca take down notice. cocksuckers.

Brambles Everroot's picture

Brambles Everroot

Ah, just google their band name and it should pop up with quite a few of their songs.
Here's the first one Vas linked

Qyn's picture

Qyn

<3 them!